In eynem is now available for purchase from our new international distributor Eurospan. If you are writing from Canada, Mexico, or the United States please order In eynem directly from us.
Written by Asya Vaisman Schulman and Jordan Brown with Mikhl Yashinsky, In eynem is the first fully-illustrated, multimedia Yiddish textbook that uses the communicative approach to language learning. With this book, students use language as a practical tool for conversing with their classmates about their daily lives and as a vehicle through which they creatively delve into texts for cultural and artistic insights.
- fully supports different types of learners (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) and multiple learning environments: in-class learning with a teacher, independent learning, online learning, and community group learning
- incorporates a wide variety of multimedia resources (available through the textbook website), primary source historical documents, and literary texts
- emphasizes all four areas of language learning: speaking, writing, reading, and listening
- includes a cast of recurring characters that represent all the different types of people who speak and study Yiddish today
- includes a teacher guide that provides detailed lesson plans to optimize the use of the book in a classroom setting, as well as functioning as a teacher training tool both for new teachers and as enrichment for experienced teachers
Here is what Yiddish language instructors are saying about the book:
- In eynem is nothing less than a revolution in Yiddish language pedagogy. Its engaging, interactive approach fosters a community of learning that bridges time as well as space, whether in a university classroom, community setting, or individual study… Beautifully illustrated throughout and complemented by rich online resources, In eynem is a twenty-first-century Yiddishland for teachers and learners alike.—Rebecca Margolis, Monash University
You can find FAQ about the book here: yiddishbookcenter.org/eynem-faq
Paperback book 2020
Two volumes, 800 pages
Size: 9 3/4 X 12 3/4 X 2 1/8" in shipping box
Given the special introductory price, In eynem is not returnable nor eligible for further discounts.
* Special note about ordering In eynem:
This two-volume textbook weighs over to 6 pounds and is packaged and shipped directly from the printer's location.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.