In eynem: The New Yiddish Textbook became available in August 2020, and our special launch price is still in effect.
Written by Asya Vaisman Schulman and Jordan Brown with Mikhl Yashinsky, In eynem is the first fully-illustrated, multimedia Yiddish textbook that uses the communicative approach to language learning. With this book, students use language as a practical tool for conversing with their classmates about their daily lives and as a vehicle through which they creatively delve into texts for cultural and artistic insights.
- fully supports different types of learners (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) and multiple learning environments: in-class learning with a teacher, independent learning, online learning, and community group learning
- incorporates a wide variety of multimedia resources (available through the textbook website), primary source historical documents, and literary texts
- emphasizes all four areas of language learning: speaking, writing, reading, and listening
- includes a cast of recurring characters that represent all the different types of people who speak and study Yiddish today
- includes a teacher guide that provides detailed lesson plans to optimize the use of the book in a classroom setting, as well as functioning as a teacher training tool both for new teachers and as enrichment for experienced teachers
Here is what Yiddish language instructors are saying about the book:
- In eynem is nothing less than a revolution in Yiddish language pedagogy. Its engaging, interactive approach fosters a community of learning that bridges time as well as space, whether in a university classroom, community setting, or individual study… Beautifully illustrated throughout and complemented by rich online resources, In eynem is a twenty-first-century Yiddishland for teachers and learners alike.—Rebecca Margolis, Monash University
You can find FAQ about the book here: yiddishbookcenter.org/eynem-faq
Paperback book 2020
Two volumes, 800 pages
Size: 9 3/4 X 12 3/4 X 2 1/8" in shipping box
Given the special introductory price, In eynem is not returnable.
* Special note about ordering In eynem with other items:
This two-volume textbook weighs close to 6 pounds and is packaged and shipped directly from the printer's location. Please note that if you are purchasing the textbook in the same order with other items, the shipping rates may skew too high. To correct this, you can either submit a separate order, and will receive accurate shipping charges for the two separate shipments; OR you can submit one order as is, and we will refund the overage. Please bear with us, as we are still working on finding a clean solution to reflect shipping charges accurately for this special case.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.